Property taxes provide the Township of Greater Madawaska with the funds they need to deliver the programs and services residents depend on each day. Bills are sent out in February and August with each bill having one installment due date. Payment options are available here.


You can apply for an Adjustment of Property Taxes – Section 357/358 if you qualify for an adjustment on your property taxes.

A Section 357 Tax Appeal is filed due to a change of event that occurred during the current taxation year (see list on application). The deadline for applying is February 28 of the year following the taxation year to which the application relates.

A Section 358 Tax Appeal is to cancel, reduce or refund taxes for one or both two years preceding the year in which the application is made. A Section 358 Tax Appeal may be filed for any overcharge caused by a gross or manifest error in the preparation of the assessment roll that is clerical or factual in nature, including transposition of figures, a typographical error, or similar errors, but not an error in judgment in assessing the property. An application must be filed between March 01 and December 31 of a year and may apply to taxes levied for one or both of the two years preceding the year in which the application is made, and the application shall indicate to which year or years it applies.

Municipal Council has the authority to cancel, reduce or refund taxes as outlined in the Municipal Act, 2001.


The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is Ontario's property experts and are the ones that classify and assess all properties under the Provincial Assessment Act. The Township of Greater Madawaska uses MPAC assessments each year to calculate property taxes for each property.

If you feel your assessed value of your property is not where it should be, you can submit a Request for Reconsideration form (RFR) to MPAC directly.

Did you know that you can view your property profile and similar properties in your area free-of-charge? Visit About my Property for more details.

 Supplementary Taxes

If you build or purchase a newly built home or building, your property may not be fully assessed. Once the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation completes a property assessment, we will bill the supplementary taxes retroactively to the date the building was first occupied. This can be up to three years. Please contact us for more information and assistance with preparing for the supplemental bill. 

Contact Us

Jessica Schroeder
Jr. Accountant
19 Parnell St. Calabogie, ON K0J 1H0
T. 613-752-2274
Send email to Jr. Accountant
Map this Location

Subscribe to this page