The Planning Department is responsible for the overall planning and policy direction for land development in the Township. This includes Official Plan and Zoning By-Law administration, review and processing of development applications and administration and recommendations of growth and land use considerations to Council.

The department also advises Council on proposed changes to the Township's land use planning documents. Land use planning documents include Official Plan, which sets out the general vision, goals and objectives for the Township; and the Township's Zoning By-Law which implements the Official Plan policies through provisions, standards and setbacks for building use, location and size.

Planning Applications

Contact us if you need help with completing an application.

Applicants can also pick up application forms from the Township Office located at 19 Parnell Street, Calabogie.

Current Planning Applications

Current Zoning By-Law Amendments can be viewed on the Public Meetings Page.

Current Minor Variances can be viewed on the Committee of Adjustments Page.

For Meeting Schedule and Information see the Meetings and Information Portal.

Planning Fees

Please note that these fees only include the Township of Greater Madawaska fees. There may

be applicable fees from other agencies during the process.


Minor Variance

$700 + associated costs

Severance Application

$750 per application + associated costs

Concurrent Severance Applications

$150 + associated costs

Official Plan Amendment

$900 + associated costs

Zoning Amendment Application

$1,250 + associated costs

Zoning Certificate


Site Plan

$800 + associated costs

Site Plan Amendment (within registered site plan)

$500 + associated costs

Subdivision or Condominium Application

$3,000 per application + associated costs

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit a planning inquiry?

Inquiries can be sent by email or mail to the Planning Department. You can also contact the Planning Department by phone at 613-752-2222.

Information related to a specific property please have the civic address or your assessment roll number for the property you are inquiring about.

Due to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act specific property information will only be provided to the property owner.

What is the zoning of my property?

To find the zoning on your property you can view the Township of Greater Madawaska Zoning Maps based on your geographic area:

Staff in the Planning Department are always available by phone or e-mail to assist you.

Where can I find a map of my property?

If you require a survey of your property you will need to contact the Land Registry office or an Ontraio Land Surveryor.

For an illustrative map of your property your can visit the County of Renfrew's GIS Mapping System and search by your property address. These maps are not 100% accurate and are to be used as guidelines.

Contact Us

Stephan Kukkonen
Planning and Development Technician
19 Parnell St. Calabogie, ON K0J 1H0
T. 613-752-2281
Send email to Planning and Development Technician
Map this Location

Subscribe to this page