There are over 220 kilometers of roads maintained by the Township, over half are gravel. The roads are maintained according to the Minimum Maintenance Standards.

Reporting road issues

To report a road emergency Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm call 613-752-2222.

For Road Emergencies outside regular office hours call 1-866-876-7404. This number is for Road Emergencies Only in the Township of Greater Madawaska.

To report a road issue, such as potholes, request for dust suppression, grading etc., please complete and submit the road issue form.

Report a Road Issue

Road closures and construction notices

View our road closures and construction notices for a complete list of road closures in the Township of Greater Madawaska.

Visit Municipal 511 for a look at road conditions across the province of Ontario.

Winter parking

Parking on any municipal road, street, parking lot or snowplow turnaround is prohibited from December 1 in any year to March 31 of the following year, both dates inclusive.

Parking by-law 49-2020

Civic address and/or entrance permit application

To receive a civic address number and/or an entrance permit, you will need to complete the Civic Address and Entrance Permit application.

Signs on Township Roads

Signs cannot be posted on or within 4 meters of a road allowance in accordance with the Signs By-law 49-2013.


To request a streetlight be installed on a Township road, send a written request to the Roads Supervisor.

For more information on streetlights, see Streetlight Policy #6-04.

To report a streetlight that is not working, complete and submit the streetlight repair form

Road cut permit application

Road Cut Permits are required for any cuts made on any Township roads and must first be approved by the Roads Supervisor.

 View the current Fee's and Charges for charges related to road cut permits. 

Contact Us

Subscribe to this page