Library - Greater Madawaska Public Library Local History Digitization
It's no secret that the municipality now known as Greater Madawaska is rich in history. There are many stories to tell and photos to share of the people and places from the geographic townships of Bagot, Blythfield, Griffith and Matawatchan. In February 2011 the Greater Madawaska Public Library pursued a local history project with the focus being on a digital collection. With funding from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the project came to life in November 2011 and can now be viewed as part of the Our Ontario digital collection at:
Some Highlights of the collection include
• songs (including the full CD), stories and poems by Wesley Bomhower
• stories and certificates from Howard Popkie's scrapbook during, and after his time of service in the Korean War
• The Corporation of the Municipality of Bagot & Blythfield Township Review, 1977-78, of Municipal Affairs
• A scanned copy of Bagot and Blythfield Public Library's First 5 Years
• Scanned newspaper clippings from old Renfrew Mercury files dating as far back as the late 1890's
• a Black Donald Mines DVD
and much more! Check it out soon at the link provided above.
NoticesRed Cross - Floods Financial AssistanceMNR Flood Bulletin-May 18, 2017After the Flood Information - Renfrew County Health UnitEmployment Opportunity - Summer Student Administrative ClerkCounty of Renfrew Flood InformationPassing of Development Charges By-Law 36-2017Ontario Renovates Accepting New ApplicationsDraft Final Development Charges Background Study March 2017Load RestrictionsSummer Student - Swim Instructor/Day Camp LeaderBecome a Volunteer Firefighter
May 6th, 2017Yard Sale & BBQSale is held in the CE Hall of St Andrew's United Church from 8 am to 2 pm. If you wish to...
May 25th, 2017Showcase ParadiseShowcasing Greater Madawaska business and activities. Doors open 4-9 pm Thursday, 10-9 Friday....