Library - Greater Madawaska Public Library Local History Digitization
It's no secret that the municipality now known as Greater Madawaska is rich in history. There are many stories to tell and photos to share of the people and places from the geographic townships of Bagot, Blythfield, Griffith and Matawatchan. In February 2011 the Greater Madawaska Public Library pursued a local history project with the focus being on a digital collection. With funding from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the project came to life in November 2011 and can now be viewed as part of the Our Ontario digital collection at:
Some Highlights of the collection include
• songs (including the full CD), stories and poems by Wesley Bomhower
• stories and certificates from Howard Popkie's scrapbook during, and after his time of service in the Korean War
• The Corporation of the Municipality of Bagot & Blythfield Township Review, 1977-78, of Municipal Affairs
• A scanned copy of Bagot and Blythfield Public Library's First 5 Years
• Scanned newspaper clippings from old Renfrew Mercury files dating as far back as the late 1890's
• a Black Donald Mines DVD
and much more! Check it out soon at the link provided above.
NoticesCurrent Notices under the Planning Act - Minor Variances A09/17 - A12/17 December 14, 2017OPG Water Draw Down
December 4th, 20172017 Council Agendas and Minutes AGENDAS Regular Council - January 9, 2017 Regular Council - January...
December 5th, 2017Calabogie Sports Night
December 7th, 2017Calabogie Sports Night
December 12th, 2017Calabogie Sports Night
December 17th, 2017DACA Caroling
December 18th, 20172017 Council Agendas and Minutes AGENDAS Regular Council - January 9, 2017 Regular Council - January...
December 19th, 2017Calabogie Sports Night
December 21st, 2017Calabogie Sports Night
December 31st, 2017New Years Eve - Calabogie Lions Club