The 2001 amalgamation of the Townships of Bagot, Blythfield, Brougham, Matawatchan and Griffith made Greater Madawaska the largest township within Renfrew County, with approximately 1200 km of rolling terrain. A very significant Crown-owned land segment affords a multitude of excellent lakes and waterways for fishing and hunting, as well as hundreds of kilometres of land for year-round recreational enjoyment. Whether visiting or planning to stay on permanently, come and enjoy the beauty and tranquility our township offers.
Our quality of Life
- clean and healthy environment
- rural agriculture setting
- abundance of lakes, rivers
- Spring, Summer, Fall , and Winter activities
- clean fresh water
- recreational playground, for hiking, trails, boating, skiing, golfing and much more
- safe neighbourhoods
- elementary educational facilities
- public library and programs
- historical attractions and monuments
- parks, beaches, sand, and water
NoticesEmployment Opportunity - Treasurer/Deputy ClerkEmployment Opportunity Summer Students 2018Load Restrictions in effect
April 3rd, 20182018 Council Agenda and Minutes AGENDAS Regular Council - January 16, 2018 Special Council - March 5,...
April 23rd, 20182018 Council Agenda and Minutes AGENDAS Regular Council - January 16, 2018 Special Council - March 5,...
April 29th, 2018Cancer Daffodil TeaSun. April 29 - Denbigh/Griffith Lions Club, Hwy #41, Griffith is hosting their Annual Daffodil Tea...